Monday, February 10, 2014

self-absorbed...admittedly

a condition 
I will argue
we all must face
since we are
stuck in our own heads!

That being said
I will confess what 
brought about this 
personal insight


as I stood warming my toes
my cute
 bubblegum painted 
slightly darker than normal
toes
on the vent

looking out on 
that winter landscape
once again
after those toes
just one day earlier
had soft
white
warm sand
dancing between them


the indoor landscape
that just one week ago
reflected seasonal beauty
to me
now...
well...

didn't.

What happened to that girl?
Where is she?
Can I find her again?

Here comes the confessional part

I went to this here blog
and started re-reading my own words

this is not something 
I usually do after posting...
usually
but today
I did.

I was trying to recapture
something
I had lost on that white beach
of Antigua

I was looking for that
lost girl.


The one that 
 was loving this


and this...


oh,
and that!


I'm not sure I found
her in those
 words
but as I wandered
about
outside
in that fresh air
and
cold sunshine


my camera started
taking
notice

wanting to
somehow
document
this amazing amount of
snowfall

unprecedented
record-breaking


so much in fact
that we haven't been able
to take 
Christmas
completely down
(if you look close you'll see the lights)
tonight
I just might surprise the neighborhood
and turn them on

I just might.

Then I looked up


are you seeing IT!?

Not
the snow holding 
tightly
onto
the branches


Not
that gorgeous blue
that takes me
back to the 
sky and water
which is
Antigua

No 

let me make it 
clearer


There it is.

Do you see
what I 
see?


buds...

tiny 
precious
life affirming
buds!

Buds
bursting
at the edges
with
promise


I wish I could say
she's back

That I found her

oh,
I spotted her

she was out there

dancing on the edge
of
promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment