Friday, November 27, 2009

Turkey For Thanksgiving

I hope your turkey was served alongside your many blessings, as was mine. With family gathered around the table...talking, laughing, and eating (of course!), it's hard not to recognize how richly God has blessed my life. In the midst of life's many worries or disappointments, how refreshing it is to take a whole day to pause and give thanks for all that has been given to us. After dinner, we engaged in a lively game of Scrabble...I swear I thought taze was a word! Well, no one challenged, and much to my oldest son Jacob's chagrin, it remained on the board...all 33 beautiful points! I'm only a little competitive, and I'm humble enough to leave the final scores to your imagination. On to Wii bowling...As a footnote, understand that in real bowling I average somewhere around 80. Well...check this out... Yep, I'm Gem...and Gem isn't too proud or humble to post her score on the web for posterity! 182! The best part of all...I got three strikes in a row...in the bowling world, that's what's known as a turkey! Who could ask for a better day than that! I hope yours was filled with as many things to be thankful for! Blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment