Wednesday, November 20, 2013

November Soup

I know...
I had you at soup!

With a kitchen full of 
fresh vegetables
after a recent visit to 
Toledo's Farmer's Market
it was

time to get busy.

Creamy Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup
fresh
broccoli
cauliflower
carrots
it's all in there
but wait!
to make it extra special
whipped up some biscuits 
that had my boys
thinking I stopped at
Kentucky Fried...
psych!
it's all vegan.
it's all so good.


biscuits 
warm from the oven
that you tear in half
sniff the wafting steam
dollop on the Earth Balance
 drizzle a little honey
yummy


plated for the photo op
and for easy transport 
to the living room
where I'll sit by the fire
watch tv
enjoy
with lots of
  mmm's


two of the major players
What?
Does that say chicken seasoning?!
Yes. 
but wait...
a quick look and I found
chicken "style" seasonings...
no chicken.
All the flavor...no meat...
perfect.


All my family-favorite recipes
gathered
altered
made into vegan goodness.

Share worthy stuff.
(click to enlarge and read)


the flip side
for directions.


serve 
AND
enjoy.

almost forgot the biscuits
which trust me
will make any meal better.

6-Ingredient Vegan Biscuits
1) 2 cups unbleached flour
2) 4 teaspoons baking powder
3) 1 tablespoon sugar
4) 3/4 teaspoon salt
5) 1/4 cup coconut oil (room temp)
6) 1 cup almond milk

Preheat oven to 450.
Whisk dry ingredients.
Cut in coconut oil.
Stir in almond milk.
Knead gently on floured surface, 8-10 times.
Pat dough into 3/4 inch thickness.
Cut into circles with top of drinking glass.
Arrange on baking sheet.
Bake 8-10 minutes.

seriously.
 good. 
stuff.

Now go to your local market
and get your soup on.
(you can thank me later)




No comments:

Post a Comment