Wednesday, December 18, 2013

making way


Yesterday
 we found this package
nearly buried in snow...
saw the footpath of the one who
delivered it
and we,
well me,
decided that the walk needed
to be cleared
(not nearly as much fun
as plowing the drive with the quad!)


Loving the changing landscape
at my back door
as I
bundle-up in my lined jeans
snow boots
gloves


and
woolly-acrylic-non-itchy hat
before discovering
the mild temperatures
the morning did 
bring

no wind

really a perfect day to 
work outside


the walkways are shoveled
the boxes and bags
can now find their way
safely to our 
door.

Back inside
with coffee in hand
 weather channel on
hearing
 the sad, sad news
of warmth
and rain
that is heading our way
I become that little girl
wishing for a snow day 
with fingers crossed
and
 a prayer on her lips
that some of the white
will stay
for that 
one special day.

Won't you join me? 



1 comment:

  1. I know! I just heard the sad news this morning! How can we get snow before Halloween and not have snow for Christmas? John will not be happy! I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, too! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete