Monday, December 16, 2013

morning moon

There are those 
days
when necessity dictates
 the alarms be set
earlier than usual
as was the case with our
4:45 a.m.
wake-up call


During the coffee shift
I became enamored with the
setting moon in the
western sky

I want to learn how to
capture that orb
in an attempt to explain
why it woos me so


With the determination of one
who was denied her rightful sleep
I bundled-up for the single digit morning 
camera in hand
but alas
 this was the best
of the bunch
which is a far cry from 
the marvel
I was witness to.


And so I turned my attention
to the shifting light
as 
night 
gave way to 
day


As blues
gave way 
to
violets

and thoughts of returning
to bed
gave way to
the promise
of a beautiful day


filled with snow
twinkling lights
and
sunshine...
and a second cup of 
cafe latte.

Hello, Monday!

1 comment:

  1. 4:45? Seriously? The photos are beautiful, so I guess it was worth it. Hey, is the truck up and running again? We need to catch up! Merry Merry Merry Christmas! ;)

    ReplyDelete