Thursday, May 1, 2014

this week in my kitchen :: blog hop

As the afternoon sun
peeks through my kitchen
window

i know it's time


to assess
leftovers
and formulate 
an evening meal


brown rice
and
lentils

now that's a given...
burger night!


chop
slice
squeeze
measure
mix it all together


until perfect patties
wait for the oven

to emerge
much like that caterpillar
from its
chrysalis


into 
a 
beautiful
butterfly...
or in this case
a classic burger
with onions
lettuce
pickles
avocado
tomato
all the delicious
toppings

but wait!
there's more to this story...


and that's what's
known as
a happy ending.

Thank you for stopping by today
as I join Heather and friends
from 
Beauty that Moves.

Join us!

7 comments:

  1. Veggie burgers???? Recipe???? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Isa's recipe @PPK for Olive Lentil Burgers, but instead of the cup of breadcrumbs I used the brown rice...I did add about 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs at the end as she does to hold it all together...yummy! Loved heating and eating for lunch the next day too. Thanks for visiting.
      :)

      Delete
  2. I'd love the recipe too, and I absolutely adore how you set this up as a story!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by...AND for actually reading my post!

      :)

      Delete