Thursday, May 1, 2014

this week in my kitchen :: blog hop

As the afternoon sun
peeks through my kitchen
window

i know it's time


to assess
leftovers
and formulate 
an evening meal


brown rice
and
lentils

now that's a given...
burger night!


chop
slice
squeeze
measure
mix it all together


until perfect patties
wait for the oven

to emerge
much like that caterpillar
from its
chrysalis


into 
beautiful
butterfly...
or in this case
a classic burger
with onions
lettuce
pickles
avocado
tomato
all the delicious
toppings

but wait!
there's more to this story...


and that's what's
known as
a happy ending.

Thank you for stopping by today
as I join Heather and friends
from 
Beauty that Moves.

Join us!

7 comments:

  1. Veggie burgers???? Recipe???? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Isa's recipe @PPK for Olive Lentil Burgers, but instead of the cup of breadcrumbs I used the brown rice...I did add about 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs at the end as she does to hold it all together...yummy! Loved heating and eating for lunch the next day too. Thanks for visiting.
      :)

      Delete
  2. I'd love the recipe too, and I absolutely adore how you set this up as a story!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by...AND for actually reading my post!

      :)

      Delete