Wednesday, April 30, 2014

spring soup

literally.


 The calendar says
spring
the flowers and trees
are singing
spring
even the pets
shedding fur 
confirms
it's true
but
(you heard it coming)
the temperatures 
have me sitting under a blanket
at night
starting the fireplace
to warm things up a bit
and
making soup

I could call it
soups last
hurrah.



I've made
peppers and potato stew
or as I enjoy calling it
pepperonata di patate
with an Italian flair

Chili 
a pot of warmth
topped off with
cashew sour cream
and traditional saltine crackers

and
Creamy Corn Chowder
with Corn Muffins
served in a mug
that I could wrap my hands around
as I ate
to steal its heat


served right along side
my spring
centerpiece
as a reminder of the season

all has been delicious
but this particular soup was
special
which is why i am sharing it here
with you
as a way of sharing a snuggle
:)


click to enlarge


an allrecipes.com recipe
that I have made my own


a couple of musts...
unsweetened soy milk
and
Yukon gold potatoes

oh yeah...
and
Isa's Corn Muffins
at post punk kitchen.

In a word...


Spring soup.

A delicious way to
usher in 
the warmth.


3 comments:

  1. That looks so good! And I can't believe I have everything I need! (That never happens!) You've just saved me for dinner tonight. I even have everything I need for cornbread muffins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smells delicious! Had to replace the soy milk by almond milk because our soy milk was vanilla. Thank you again for the great recipe!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for stopping by...I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Let me know!
      Funny thing...like you, I made it the other day because I had everything I needed and it saved me a trip to the store...always a bonus.
      :)
      bon appetit!

      Delete