Monday, April 28, 2014

yoga nidra :: the BEST phone app EVER

Feeling stressed
sluggish
a little uninspired?

Uh...
yeah!

Are your thoughts
all over the place
scattered
chaotic?

I'm sorry...
what were you saying?

In a word
overwhelmed?

Calm
peace
relaxation
clarity
are within your reach


free guided meditations
are available
right along with
Ruzzle
Words With Friends
Shazam


my gateway
to trying
yoga nidra
for the first time
and discovering
its benefits
whenever
or wherever
I am in need 


welcome to yoga nidra
yogic sleep
sleep with awareness
beginning in corpse pose
savasana
stilling your mind and body
breathing quietly
as thoughts drift by
like butterflies
guided gently to complete release
through body scanning 
imagery
feeling a letting go 
as you enter a state of
bliss
finally
rising
with a feeling of 
rejuvenation
and
clarity


and in these early spring days
my southwest facing deck
offers the ideal location
for my practice
the hardwood absorbs the heat
and even on cool days
such as this 50 degree moment
I feel cradled in a warmth
that aids in
my yogic nap
subtle sounds of nature
surround me
as I travel
inward
to a place of
pure joy.

Smart phones.

Get smart with it
and
get your
nap 
on.

No comments:

Post a Comment