Wednesday, April 2, 2014

something exciting

is about to happen...

but first
step into
my busy kitchen


truth is
I like it that way
a fun haven
a place where i can
experiment with new and exotic 
ingredients


chop
saute
boil
sip on some wine


 eat
and repeat

a routine that
I enjoy
on a normal day

lately
it's been anything but

food prep 
has been made more interesting
with a slight
remodel
to dance around


what should have taken
a weekend
has somehow segued into
its second week here
in my abode
but 
as you know
life marches on
things happen
like 
Sleepover Saturdays
Lazy Sundays
uninspiring
rainy days
 stupid moments
after patching a crack in the ceiling
then sanding
then priming 
then painting
I found
a new light fixture
I had to have
darn that home Depot!
it doesn't sound like it should
have been a BIG deal
but
when the old came down
Is it really necessary for me to describe
how ugly it was under there?
not to mention the bases are
different sizes
in other words 
more patching
more sanding
more priming
more painting

giving the whole shebang
a second 
bright white
coat
phew!


Unfortunately
 stomachs
wait for no 
woman

preparing even the simplest dish
has me scrambling to find
relocated
kitchen supplies

and cooking now
doubles as a workout
cool
another excuse to
 skip the gym


in all that
living
trying to eat right
which in my world means
whole-food
plant-based
cough-cough
for the most part
diet

It must be 
Spring!
if my morning crave is any indication

smoothies

Strawberry Fields
Chocolate Banana Cream 


most of my smoothies
begin with
frozen ripe bananas
instead of buying those bright yellow beauties
I go right to the 
discount bin and gather
the real prize
brown spotted
oh, so sweet
ripe
delicious 
cheap
bananas
pop 'em in a container
and in the freezer they wait
to give my smoothies
an unbelievable creamy texture
like a malt

then 
there's the ever popular
Green Smoothie


with kale 
and 
dates for sweetness

 looks wrong
but
tastes so right

Which brings me to
 the exciting part of this post
No!
this will NOT be a kitchen reveal
as I said 
still a work in progress
staring down week three
Drum roll please
...

Heather 
from 
Beauty That Moves
is offering her
Spring
30-Day Vegan Workshop
just click on her web page
on my sidebar
and 
take a moment to meet
Heather Bruggeman

30dayvegan large postcard

I could tell you how
wonderful
genuine
informative
she is
but I'd rather you find that out
when you go for a visit

this week
she is offering her
bring a friend special
basically
two for the price of one

I highly recommend this
journey
it truly has transformed the 
way I eat
and think about food
PLUS
she has the
most amazing recipes

All those I have mentioned above
are from this course

Hand's down
my favorite go-to recipes

So
if you've ever thought about
trying on a vegan lifestyle
to see what all the
hullabaloo
is about...
this is your chance.

I will be participating again
because
it is that
good!


Won't you join me?




No comments:

Post a Comment