Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thinking Warm Thoughts

There's no denying it...oh, and believe me I've tried. The calendar said it was so, but it wasn't until the other morning when a cold wind slapped me in the face that I had to come to terms with it. Autumn had arrived. I hear people say how fall is their favorite time of year...the changing colors, the cooler temperatures, the comfort foods. Me? Give me summer any day. Long, lazy days of daylight well past 9pm, warm beautiful sunshine, wild flowers of every color along the road. Why, oh why does Mom always have to be right..."summers go by faster the older you grow." Bummer! A favorite movie line seems appropriate at this moment. "I never look back, darling...it detracts from the now." Quiz time...can you name the movie? Keep reading! I will admit, Autumn does have its appeal. In the now I will embrace this season, which will be brief, as it ushers in winter. I will have enjoyed long hikes in the woods to view the changes, gone to an apple orchard...nothing like a fresh picked Golden Delicious, decorated my home with mums and pumpkins, sat around the outdoor fireplace with my family to enjoy s'mores some more. I have even succumbed to making comfort foods. A new favorite...chicken and noodles served over mashed potatoes...carb heaven, or as my husband calls it "heaven in a bowl". (I will share the recipe in the near future!)
Okay...moving forward...
Check out that hat...felted wool, seams on the outside soft on the in, fun colors and a pom-pom made for adults. Keep your ears warm for when that cold wind blows through your neck of the woods. And remember...
Embrace the Now!
Movie Trivia: The Incredibles!
Let me know if you guessed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment