Friday, February 18, 2011

Inside Looking Out

Do you remember this picture?
I said this Christmas decoration wasn't coming down until spring thaw.
Guess what? It may look a bit lonely now,
but soon it will be filled with beautiful blossoms.
Spring is in the air.
Have you been seeing it? Hearing it? Smelling it?
When I ventured out my back door to take these pictures,
these chairs were telling of
a time that will come soon...when I can
sit outside with a cup of coffee and enjoy the warmth.
It's hard to believe that this yard of mine was covered with a foot
of snow just a few short days ago.
A few stragglers remain.
But I'm seeing it... a yard that needs to be tended to...
a little garden that needs to be tilled...
possibly enlarged a tad,
to accommodate the pumpkins I hope to grow.
Unfortunately, due to a whopper of a cold,
I have been watching the transformation from
the inside looking out...
seeing the subtle changes from the windows of my home.
A pool that sits in waiting of kids to play and splash and laugh.
A back yard that begs to have real grass.
Ha-ha...what am I thinking...Zoey and Buddy
rip it up every time I try.
Ever notice as moms we can't be sick without that list
of things that need to be done rattling around in our heads?
It seems that as you lie there on the couch,
the dust grows around you at an astounding rate!
My boys helped so much...but seriously they are boys
and they don't even notice the dust.
I guess it's natures way of pushing us through the
cold...seeing beyond the aches and pains...
knowing it will be there waiting for us when we are well.
Yep...something to look forward to.
Boo-hoo.
Here is my arsenal.
I enjoyed a few hot toddies along the way.
The lemon, the honey, the teas...
all helped ease the symptoms.
My favorite has to be...(that's a drum roll)
NyQuil...gasp!
It gave me the bestest of nights sleep.
I woke up this morning feeling like a new woman.
Today is a beautiful day!
Maybe I will be able to actually step out into it.
Stay well.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I didn't see the Crown Royal in that photo. Is Nyquil taking its place? ha ha! Hope you're feeling better. John now has the flu. Yuck. Drinking echinacea tea now. take care!
    love, rosebud

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are all better soon! Remember- Lysol the doorknobs and telephone and get yourself a new toothbrush! See you soon. Love-Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better. The Michigan thaw has been such a mood booster! Amazing what a bit of sunshine does. I have been wanting to ask you if you have ever repurposed a pillowcase. My daughter and I have purchased a few vintage pillowcases (think big bold flowers, Brady Bunch style!) and are trying to think of something cute to do with them. Just thought maybe you have seen something. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny you should ask. I have been working on a little pillowcase pattern BUT this bug has slowed me down...seriously...is that a coincidence or what? In the past I made a sun bonnet for a toddler utilizing a vintage floral pillow case. It turned out great. There are books dedicated to repurposing pillowcases...check out your library for ideas. Big Brady Bunch flowers...I love it! Depending on the size of the case...I've seen fun aprons, toddler dresses, mom and daughter pj pants, tunics, purses...I would sit with them for a while and let them "speak" to your personal style. I know something will come to you. Hey, until then...if they are in good shape why not use them as...pillowcases! Just a thought. Thanks so much for stopping by. Let me know what you decide! Have fun with it...both you and your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the ideas! I will check my library for a book. They are in good shape and we do use the pillowcases when she goes to sleepovers. Who wants their regular pillowcases tossed around on the floor with kids stepping all over them?! I was thinking of some sort of drawstring tote or backpack. I'll keep in touch...love your blog.

    ReplyDelete