Thursday, February 24, 2011

The New American Picker

After having lunch with Grandma the other afternoon
(aren't grandmas great...keeping the kids entertained while mom is sick)
James walked in the door long enough to say,
"I'm going to pick-up a rocking chair I saw along the road."
A half hour later he showed up flushed, a little bit winded, and
a whole lot proud of his find.
He couldn't wait for my reaction.
WOW!
That is awesome!
That is some sturdy chair.
I've got to get a picture of this.
Yessirree...
someone had discarded this treasure.
Left it abandoned by the side of the road.
My American Picker
(one of our favorite tv shows)
saw its potential.
He knew his mom would love it.
I keep saying that this fruit basket stencil looks familiar...
I remember my mom having a rocker with this design
when I was a kid.
For now, it got a quick dusting and is inviting company
to sit by the fire and warm their toes.
It looks like it belongs here.
Maybe a seat cushion would be nice...a multi-colored,
hand-knitted, spiral constructed cushion!
(my sisters will know what I'm referring to here...
mom made one like that for her chair.)
Way to go, James!
You make a mom proud.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I totally remember Mom's chair like that. I thought the same thing as soon as I saw the picture. Hers is/was a white or cream color with that stenciling on it. Great find James. Your aunt/Godmother is proud of you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rocker is gorgeous! Way to score, James!

    ReplyDelete