Friday, February 4, 2011

This Moment

Borrowing from Amanda Blake Soule.
A freeze frame in time.
A moment to savor and reflect on.
Although she allows the picture to speak for itself
I find I must give it a caption.
Sick boy reading.
Does a mom's heart good when a book beats out
the tv...so I swooped in and pulled a fast shot without him
knowing.
Sick ones at home?
Try this recipe to soothe sore throats,
calm cough, ease congestion, and
cradle to sleep.
Hot Toddy
(given to me by my sister Sue...
given to her by a friend...
given to her by someone's great grandma, I'm sure!)
In a hot mug (rinsed with boiling water)
add 1 T honey
Juice of 1 lemon
1 T whiskey
Fill with hot water (8oz)
stir, sip, and feel better soon.
Can be made without the alcohol, but tastes
a whole lot better with!
Have a Happy and Healthy Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment