Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Last Laugh

We heard the icy pellets hit our windows all night long...
tap...tap-tap...tap-tap-tap.
Like a sweet lullaby.
Then their second cousins joined the chorus...
creak...thump...bumpity-bump-bump!
We knew that winter wasn't done with us yet
and when we woke...
it was to a frozen world.
Tree branches had fallen under the weight...
power lines were down...
everything was coated in a layer of ice.
Even my window screens...
The weathermen are calling these tree-cicles...
it works!
Oh how my view keeps changing...
just when I allowed Spring to spring into my thoughts...
winter has the last laugh!
But there is no denying the beauty of winter.
I will enjoy these last few precious days of winter.
I will not rush through them unnoticed.
I will not get caught-up dreaming of tomorrow when
beautiful moments are all around me...begging to be savored.
I will be like a child
who looks on this snowy scene and sees one thing...
fun.
With electricity out
I found myself turning back to a project that
needed nothing more than
my time.
Knitting.
With my cold still lingering on
and my energy level still not up to par...
this was about all the fun I could muster.
My sister Susie gave me this ball of Mini Mochi yarn
for my birthday (in August) in "beach comber"
shades.
She called them "my colors"
I must agree.
A scarf to enjoy knitting now in shades that will
look great on the beach.
Okay...
maybe I am still dreaming just a wee little bit.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment