Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fabulous Finds

As a salvage crafter I am always on the look-out.
Garage sales, estate sales, Goodwill, flea markets, attics, basements, friends and family pass-alongs, and for today's posting...my nephew Gabe's friend. These are just a few of the ways that I acquire inspirational pieces that beg to be transformed. I decided that it was time to feature those items that I consider...real finds. This particular piece is a "real beauty"...but to quote Gabe correctly you need to infuse it with a hefty dose of sarcasm. Regardless, he thought of me (thank you, thank you, thank you) when his friend told him that its future was going to be spent in the dump!
Oh, baby...check this out...
It is a beauty! Retro colors that are popular today...streamline design...solid construction...made in America! So, what are my plans for it? Absolutely nothing! I will give it a good cleaning, but why mess with perfection?! Lately I have been toying with the idea of a baby line and this stroller is propelling me forward. When that is accomplished, it will serve to display my products at the shop...Harmony in Life.
Baby bonnets, booties, blankies...Oh baby!
Here it is with the baby blanket my grandma made for me when I was a baby
...there's that color again.
Gabe was right (he loves when I admit that) this is a beauty.
Thanks for thinking of me, Gabe...thanks for saving this stroller from an untimely death...and thanks for doing your small part in keeping our world beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment