Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tweaking Tradition

Texas Sheet Cake is my family's favorite birthday cake...if I had a dime for all those sheet cakes... With the first birthday of the years arrival, I decided to take a few twist and turns from the same ol' and after rummaging through my new fave site...allrecipes.com...I found this delectable little ending to a big birthday dinner. Raspberry Fudge Brownies. It has all the same qualifications...namely, lots of chocolate. Look closely and you will see the chocolate chips in the brownie, the second layer of Ghirardelli chocolate fudge, and the topper...a raspberry cream cheese whipped cream frosting. Most importantly...it was delicious! In an 8x8 pan, it claimed to serve 32. It is rich, but I got only 16 servings. It is one of those recipes that is made in stages, refrigerating between each. The steps are quick and easy, but it is an all day process. In my opinion...well worth the time investment. But then again, I never met a chocolate I didn't like...maybe even love! This is a five star recipe...comparable to any you may find on an expensive restaurants dessert menu. Go to the site for the award winner. I followed the recipe exactly as given. No changes necessary.
Happy Birthday to my Sweetie...Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment