Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Do you remember making these for your mom way back in kindergarten?
I received this tissue paper/ stained glass vase for Mother's Day from Joey when he was five.
It got me to thinking...
With a few modifications...maybe...I could give an old school craft a new school look.
So, I set out to work.
The plan...to make a candle out of the finished project.
The glowing flame would enhance the stained glass effect.
It kind of worked.
What do you think?
I haven't completely given up on the idea...
I like it well enough to try something else that I have in mind.
I will share it as soon as I can.
Unfortunately, my mom will have to wait for this gift.
I always like giving her something handmade.
Obviously, a habit that began in kindergarten. Mom...
She is the BEST!
She still puts that smile on my face whenever we're together! Love you to pieces, mom!

1 comment:

  1. Cute photo, but there's just something missing from it. Oh yeah, I remember...me! LOL!

    ReplyDelete