Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Woolen Loofa

January is a time for pampering.
A little investment in you!
Exercise. Diet. Live Joy-Fully.
My day starts in the shower.
Soap.
A daily necessity.
I decided this past summer to be more mindful
of not only what goes into
my body...but what I put on my body as well.
I learned how to make soap.
100% natural...I know what goes into it...
soap.
My family has willingly tested and
I have received nothing but positive feedback.
My husband's favorite...
"the bumpy one"
aka oatmeal and oat milk.
Very soothing for winter skin.
One day at the sewing machine I decided to combine
my crafts and I made a little pillowcase
for my soap.
Recycled, felted wool that will continue
to felt with use.
It is fun and pampering to use.
Get it wet, squeeze for lather, and gently scrub and
exfoliate in a circular motion over your entire body!
Place it on a rack to dry.
As any of my saponification buds will tell you...
handmade soap needs to dry between use.
Pure clean.
Natural Woman
Refers to the fragrance...I wish you could sniff it
through your screen.
It's a little bit groovy...a little bit patchouli...
a little bit rock and roll.
A whole lot fabulous!
Go ahead...pamper yourself!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. these are so sweet, such a great idea!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Teresa for your ongoing feedback! I really do enjoy making my own cold-processed soap...creating something so basic for my family is so fulfilling. It only made sense to combine my crafts...the result is really invigorating! Hey...your gift should be arriving any day. Please let me know when you receive it...okay? Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jenny,

    I did receive your package...oh my...I have been wanting one of those cup huggies, I am so glad I did not get one, the one you made is amazing...it looks just like me...I am a big fan of brown and red and flowers..it is amazingly perfect....thank you so much! I will be sending you a proper thank you asap. Thanks again.....eeekkkk...I am thrilled!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been reading more posts of yours.....thought you would want to know....I drive a Jeep and hubby has 2 Harleys.....would you happen to be a red head? Just so you know, I am...lol...we have a Boxer too...just sayin

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're happy...I'm happy. And believe me when I say that your wonderful comments have been thanks enough! I told you we are kindred spirits...jeeps and motorcycles...blond with red highlights (natural)...we have a black and yellow lab (both mixed...aka mutts). Wish we were neighbors, I know we would have a blast together. I guess with the internet we are neighbors of sorts...connected. Enjoy your gift. I am so pleased that I chose the right colors for you...it was my favorite so I guess i just figured...

    ReplyDelete