Monday, January 17, 2011

Sister's Weekend in Northville, MI

What a Blast of a Weekend!
But then again I always have fun when I'm hanging
out with my sisters.
The fun started Saturday night with dinner at Barada's...
hummus, grape leaves, fatoosh...YUMMY
Followed by frenzied magazine dreamin' at Tina's.
This is where she told me about
a new series on HGTV...Cash and Cari...that
looked like my dream job. In addition to running
estate sales, Cari owns a store,
RePurpose, that looks like...well, me.
My kinda place.
After a bit of googling we found that it was not
only based in Michigan...it was only 1 short
hour away.
Road Trip!
Sunday...right after church (for some of us)...
we were on our way.
The suspense and anticipation mounted as we
traveled through the quaint town of
Northville, Michigan.
Here we are just steps from our
destination...
Hmmm...Solid Grounds Coffee...
we were two coffees deep but knew we
were going to need number three.
My sisters...missing Mom and Mary (next time I hope)
Just outside the door and diggin' the
window display.
I saw this three shelf cart as soon as I stepped in...
the funky green, the groovy flowers...
I knew it wanted to go home with me
and get busy in my craft room.
We wanted to browse BUT after all that coffee
we needed to take a brief detour.
Sorry, TMI.
Cari's wheels were on display in the court.
I won't lie to you...I was coveting.
Screamin cool...don't you think?
I'll let the pictures do the talking...
Keep scrolling...for more cool.
If you're ever in the neighborhood,
we highly recommend you take a peek.
The town is "timeless with a twist"...with a lot of interesting shops
and restaurants. Many were closed on Sunday...
shucks, an excuse to go back.
After grabbing a delicious Zebra Latte @
Solid Grounds
and stashing my new cart in Tina's hatch...
we were jived for more fun...
which explains IKEA above.
Sister's Weekends.
A saving grace during these long winter months!
Filled with dreams and inspiration.
Does a body good.
Thanks Tina and Susie...love you.

5 comments:

  1. It was SO much fun! Love you too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was watching for the pictures all day! What a fabulous time- thanks for sharing your time with me. Love you two! Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for our next adventure...love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen. I think you are terribly artistic and so talented. I love your work . its always so neat and so thought out.You must take after your Father.....Love Mom xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom...you figured this out! I am totally impressed. Thanks for your sweet words, BUT I'm always braggin that I take after my Mom. Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete