Monday, November 19, 2012

this child


As I held his hand
and looked into those sparkly eyes
I started saying the only thing that
came to mind...
 
Now I lay me
down to sleep,
I pray the Lord
my soul to keep,
If I should die
before I wake,
I pray the Lord
my soul to take,
In Jesus name
Amen.
 
Joey and James were with me
and out of habit we began
to sing a little
lullaby
I wrote and sang each
night with them...
 
When the sun shines bright it washes
all my fears and tears away,
When the moon beams through my window
I know what it's trying to say
Sleep tight my little bundle
Sweet dreams will come your way
And an angel will watch over you
Until the dawn of day
 
 
I put a cross on his forehead and
kissed him goodnight.
 
goodbye.
 
Knowing he found his way home
I again turned to a
prayer that my mom said each
morning before we
boarded the bus
for school.
 
Help him Lord
this day to be...
Guide thy child
to follow thee...
Help and save him by the hand...
Until he reaches
 heavenly land.
In Jesus name...
 
Pawlak Funeral Home
 
amen.
 
My father-in-law...
"Big Rudy"
a man I was
proud and grateful
to call
Dad.

 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. A sweet post. He will surely be missed. Praying for all of you!
    love,
    rosebud

    ReplyDelete