Wednesday, November 14, 2012

totally

restless
 
 
With that feeling
like I'm supposed to be doing
something...
just not sure what that
something
is.
 
antsy

 
With Thanksgiving
right around the corner
shouldn't I be
planning
ordering
cleaning
in preparation?
 
I throw a load in the wash
until the
feeling passes.
 
uneasy
 
A list is composing in my head
of what I
could be doing
rather than nothing...
finish that knitting
start creating
more cleaning (like I said)
complete that reading
decide on paint...begin painting
sweep
dust.
 
Nah...I don't wanna do any of that.
 
Swished the duster about
so I wouldn't feel like
a complete
loser.
 
 

 
Did I mention my boys
declared yesterday a holiday?
 
Didn't you know?
 
The newest Call of Duty
was released
at midnight...an annual event
that has them waiting in lines
at midnight (thanks cousin Jeff)
and playing until the wee
hours
only to resume play after a quick
nap.
 
Homeschool is forgiving
like that.
 
So with a day off you would
think I could be clever.
 
 
 the opposite
 
 

 
the boring television
the messy house
the upcoming (real) holiday
the abandoned craft room
 
all left me feeling
uninspired...
 
what to do, what to do...
 
oh...
how I wish I could embrace
this fidgety child
within.
 

 
Constantly sensing
I was forgetting something.
 
We did go visit
Grandpa...
so I have that going for me.
 
When I remember what
it was...
 
an appointment perhaps?
a bill due?
 
I will let you know.
Unfortunately
as of this posting
I have no idea what
it is.
 
I will say I finally found a bit of
comfort in the kitchen.

 
Where I sipped on some Roma
and made a most fabulous dinner.
 
Sauteed Mushrooms with Honey Miso
Baked Tofu
 
Pan Fried Brussel Sprouts
 
Olive Oil and Garlic Couscous
 
Warm Crusty Bread
 
Sangria
 
Sure the Roma was great
but the Sangria made
all
the difference.
 
 
Today is a new day.
I will rejoice and be glad in it.
 
:)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment