Thursday, December 27, 2012

a crafter's heart

Two scenarios.
On second thought...
three.
One.
You caught the bug
You've knitted
 baked
sewn
to create
and now your hands
feel idle and listless
mld103915_0109_streamers.jpg
Keep those hands moving
with this crafty
use of the leftover
foil wrap
Christmas cards
bottle tops
...
to add shine to your
New Year's Festivities
Two.
You wanted to make things
for Christmas
but time wouldn't
allow it.
Now's the time!
Trade out
the pine garland
center/mantel piece
for time pieces
gathered and grouped together
in one place
set to chime at...
midnight!
A party wouldn't be a party
without a fun hat.
My sister Mary would
make hers from
newspapers...
reusing before it was
hip...
then she would make
confetti
again from newspaper
to throw
at the countdown's
destination  to
Happy New Year!
(mom would find little pieces
of newspaper on bookshelves
and plants in August!)
Three.
You really don't enjoy crafting.
You know you should
if you believe the
press.
But. You. Don't.
Leave everything as is.
Tree twinkling red and green?
Pretty.
Store bought wreaths on the door?
Homey.
Fuzzy red stockings with glitter names?
Fill 'em up!
Works on two levels!
Sit back.
Relax.
Enjoy a game that really
gets 'em fighting...
Battle of the Sexes works well
each time.
Let others around you
get their Martha on
while you sip and smile
and get rosy
all over!
:)


4 comments:

  1. A sister after my own heart. As you know, this was no Martha Stewart Christmas for me, but it was still filled with love, family, joy, and hope. A Merry Christmas indeed. Now...to sip that drink and get rosy cheeks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A question that begs to be asked...Is there such a thing? "A Martha Christmas", that is. I'm bettin it doesn't exist...even at Martha's house! Then again...would we want it to? Sounds frightening to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to admit...I'm really digging those patterned paper hats! Some things never change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always loved the hats- we have so many pictures of Dad and Wes in newspaper hats at the kitchen table- and I do believe that there were a few drinks involved. This was my most laid-back Christmas yet. I think the older I get, the better I get at letting go.........love you all.

    ReplyDelete