Tuesday, December 4, 2012

today's trouble

 
where blogging is concerned...
still no answer to my
picture uploading
ability
or
lack there of...
 
thank you
for hanging in there with me
 
as for other areas...
well
I tried to get out
of bed this morning and my
low back instantly
retaliated
 
I had a twinge occur
over the weekend
and babied it for a while
but then as it subsided
I went about my days as usual
 
today I must be
very intentional about each
and every
move.
In fact
I must accompany each said move
with an inhale 
in anticipation
and an exhale
with the effort.
 
What's that about?
 
Could it be that exercise has
become a foreign
concept?
 
Hmmmm...
 
I could say I don't have time...
funny
I seem to have plenty
of time to watch
television
each and every
night.
 
I have time to peruse my
favorite
sites on the computer.
 
Just no time for me?!
 
(a brief *pause* while
I prepare my back for
a sneeze...)
 
"excuse me"
 
Where was I...
oh yeah
telling the tale of how
I can't find time for
me...
yada-yada-yada.
 
And so my back hurts...
A string of lights went out on the tree...
My throat feels scratchy...
Rudy is having his second
knee replacement on Thursday...
 
But Wait!
 
That's not today.
 
I will listen to what Matthew
has to say about that...
 
"...do not worry about tomorrow,
for tomorrow will bring worries of its own.
Today's trouble is enough
for today."

amen?
 
To which Charles Spurgeon
would add...
"Anxiety does not empty tomorrow
of its sorrow but only
empties today of its
strength."
 
Strength.
I'm feeling a New Year's
resolution
coming on.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment