Wednesday, December 12, 2012

sorry...but

I don't know about you
but I'd like
about ten copies
one for each room
in case those who enter
missed it on their way in
Oh I can fool you
on the blog
with
close-up
just right
angles
of a family room
mantle
with stockings
hung with care
lights glittering
on an heirloom tree
cleverly 
side-stepping 
the surrounding view
of a leg-flex machine on
the coffee table
a husband snoring on his
temporary bed
 a recliner in a previous life
piles of important hospital
papers and rehab exercises
on every flat
surface
Ah heck...
who am I foolin'
those posters are needed
even when there
isn't a man
sleeping
on my couch
Now
if only I can
tap into my inner
Roseanne
and be at peace with it
After all
I find I am most
comfortable
when I visit others
with real-life
used like
crazy
paper piled high
kids stuff cluttered
we
live
here
 homes.
Aren't you?


2 comments:

  1. You must have felt Completely at home when you stopped here last night :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember Mom's sampler when we were kids? My house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy! I LIVE by that motto! I'm stitching that sampler in 2013! Let me know if you'd like to place an order. LOL!

    ReplyDelete