Monday, February 11, 2013

winter tea

Sometimes
the day calls for a
pot of tea.


The way of the wind.
A mood.
A cup of warmth
to
have and hold
on a blustery
day
such as today here in
the Midwest.


This winter I am
drawn to
homemade
chai.


A meditative
and warming blend of spices
black tea
honey
and
patience.


Chai cannot be rushed
but why would you want to
when the
process produces a
heady fragrance that fills
your home
and stokes the fires
of a hibernating
imagination.

Since discovering this recipe
(Beauty That Moves)
I feel I have made it my
own.
A pinch more of that.
A touch less of this.
Until it yields
a perfect blend that
is uniquely
me.


Be forewarned
Once you make
your own
nothing else will do
Starbucks
Tazo
Stash.
All will fall short
in comparison.

Mix and mingle with
my latte of choice
Vanilla Soy...
then again
it is all about
your 
personal preferences.

Make it.
Make it your own.

Happy tea time.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment