Saturday, June 1, 2013

hands on

for the young
learner

I could tell you about
this beautiful orange flower.
We could find its name together.
This picture might help to visually identify it...
but to touch its crepe paper petals
would leave you breathless
with wonder.

Just for fun
we took the girls to Ann Arbor
for the Thursday night special
"Five $ after Five"

As I perused
my pictures
I found 
a different story


Bernoulli
Archimedes
could be studied
 in books


Somehow 
I think they too
would appreciate
having their conclusions
tested and explored
"in the field"
rather than through words
alone

hands on learning
so important for the young learner

Hmmm...
I wonder.

My pictures
sing a new song.

Couldn't sign off without
sharing my favorite
spot...

the word wall

Oh...
how I want one in my home.

A place to share ideas.
A place to create.
A place to 
whisper...

in a hands on way.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun day! We never made it to the A2 Museum, but maybe we will some day! (By the way, that flower looks like a Poppy to me!)

    ReplyDelete