Monday, June 24, 2013

Free

Screen free
for one week.


What does that mean to me?
Well...
instead of the
"No TV week!"
of yesteryear
my new spin 
(a.k.a. twist of phrase)
takes  the 
focus
away from what is being excluded

and the emphasis is
placed
where it should be...
on the return.


The return to real books.
The return to quiet
moments.
The return of summer.

I have been saying
I haven't had that summer feeling
yet...
with long hours to dedicate
at the computer...
why?
Long hours of watching Netflix...
cuz I have an addiction
to that big sixty inch.

Screens have a way of stripping
me of my calm.

Does that make sense to anyone
out there?

Which is why I have eliminated
the Kindle and even my
bedside clock radio.
They chip at my soul.

I am a firm believer 
in the old adage...
extreme times call for
extreme measures.

I want to feel each and every
long-hour of daylight
that the solstice
brought my way...
even if I get a little twitchy
because
I am ready to experience 
the void.

With absolutely no planned
itinerary
to fill it.

This week...
I'm off-roading it.


It's going to be a bumpy ride
filled with unexpected
twists and turns
narrow escapes
smooth terrains...
I'm ready for wherever
the road takes me.

When the ride is over I will be able to say
Hello, Summer!

Won't you join me?

p.s. I can still be reached via land lines...
please take a moment to 
leave a message

See you after my trip.
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment