Saturday, February 1, 2014

happy ending...and beginning (over-using parentheses)

With 
record breaking
snowfall
and 
cold temps
January
has lived up to its name
here in
Lambertville


February
is starting out
strong

(the first look
on my
 world
this morning...)

snow falling
furnace humming

the neighborhood
brimming with
life


the 31st
had me at work
amazing the guys
with my
appetite
(double-entendre not intended!)

downing 
a five dollar foot-long
(while the offer lasted)

(I borrowed this image
because I was too busy
eating mine to
take a pic)

what made mine
so extra-special?

Sonny
(Bobby De Niro's look-alike)
and
(the sweetest guy at the shop)
brought in some of his wife's
secret recipe
marinated artichoke hearts...
he insisted I put them 
on my sub
along with the marinade

since he insisted...

SERIOUSLY
the best Subway
sandwich
EVER

gotta find a way to
pry that recipe
out of his wife.
I can be very
persistent
where a secret recipe is
involved.

just gotta know the secret!

That was lunch.

Came home
and made some
black bean & sweet potato
quesadillas
with homemade
guacamole
for dinner

only to tune in
to see what the 
Pioneer Woman
is cooking up this morning

Chicken Quesadillas
with pico de gallo
(borrowed from her site)

looks easy and delicious

with chicken needing to get used fast
in the frig
I'm thinking you can never
have enough
qusadillas

Maybe
Spanish rice
as a side?

Yeah,
Trisha Yearwood
is making that right now.

Food Channel
strikes
inspiration
again.

With all this eating
going on
one would never guess
that Tuesday
will find me
lounging in a bathing suit 
*gasp*
on a white beach
in
Antigua
(hubby made quota...
again...
way to go, Rudy!)
(stole from Google images)

So...
with a post that's going
nowhere
and
a husband wanting
to get this 
Saturday rolling
I will sign-off
with 

Happy February, friends!

Here's to
breaking a few more
records...
(hopefully not on my 
scale!)





No comments:

Post a Comment