Friday, April 2, 2010

Super Charged

I stopped by the Bedford Public Library and picked-up the newest edition of the South Beach Diet: Super Charged. It focuses more on an area I felt the first book neglected...exercise. Most of you probably know by now that exercise will rev up your metabolism just like the books cover claims. I was excited to see that in Phase 1 and Phase 2 there is an expanded "foods to enjoy" list. The purpose of Phase 1 is to stabilize blood sugar (which minimizes cravings) as well as to jump start your weight loss. With meals like Garlic and Soy Grilled Pork Chops with Peppers, Onions, and Zucchini...followed with a dessert of Mocha Ricotta Creme...who can complain? Well, my digestive track for one. I've introduced Metamucil to my diet because even with a boat load of veggies, I've been...constipated. Sorry if that's too much info. Just keeping it real.
Another down side...kids. The other evening, my family munched on pizza (how dare they!) while I ate Big Easy Shrimp. Imagine that...it was a tad bit dissatisfying with oregano in the air! OR after working in the spring heat (80 degrees!) treating the family to ice cream at our local celeb Handel's, where they (can you believe it!) did not offer a sugar free option! So... I sucked on sugar free Breath Savers...just not the same. My boys felt bad eating in front of me but I assured them that I really wanted mints instead...yea, right.
Last Boo-Hoo...food prep time has doubled. I have had some great compliments from the gang, Joe (age 14) said dinners have been better since I've started this plan. I am convinced however, that Arthur Agatston, MD has a personal chef. Around these parts...that'd be me.
The Up Side...I enjoy working out. Always have. I was a fitness instructor in a past life and like I always say...once an aerobics instructor always an aerobics instructor. I have also advised people to do what they love...regularly. Use it or lose it! Works on so many levels, doesn't it?
This is my indoor trainer. I've been biking all winter and will soon get to move this show outside. I also like to walk at the park, play on the equipment with the kids, lift weights, use that exerball in the pic for abs...basically, I scramble it up because I get bored easy. The Pay-Off.
Weight Loss to date: 5 lbs.
Bonus: My waistline feels MUCH thinner.
I am actually fantasizing about wearing a sexy little swimsuit this summer.
Until then...I"ll be South Beaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment