Saturday, October 22, 2011

ITCFG

In The City For Good.
An ever-changing group
of my church family who
prepare and serve food to those without
a home...
those who are hungry.
I don't have any pretty pictures
to share with you.
It somehow feels like a violation of their
privacy.
But each time I help
my mind returns filled with beautiful images.
People helping people.
Caring hands.
Loving hearts.
Blessing. Sharing.
Laughing.
Today...singing.
I was serenaded by a man named
Paul Anthony.
Wow!
What an amazing voice.
I do believe I blushed
while he sang unabashedly.
Unrestrained.
With his whole heart.
Right there on the streets of downtown Toledo.
Who would have thought
that I was the one
in need?
I needed to see that kind of bravery.
That kind of letting go of one's self.
Well...
that's the way of it.
Each time I attend...
I am the one who is blessed.
Today a song fills my heart.
Today I will sing out loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment