Saturday, October 1, 2011

Holding On

As I type in this entry
early in the a.m.
I find myself snuggling with my
coffee mug for warmth.
There's no denying it...
the air is cooler...
carrying with it new smells.
The days are closing earlier...
with thoughts of
roasts...chili...and apple pie
teasing my palate.
Fall.
My inner flower child is
refusing to accept...
holding on oh so tightly to
summer.
Wound around my heart.
Refusing to let go.
Pleading with me to find it
still...
while I can.
The plants are screaming...
look at me...
see the beauty the summer brings.
So I will stay here
for a while longer...
with a swimming pool that needs to be covered
a closet filled with t-shirts and shorts
wearing flip-flops with my jeans...
and wait patiently
for my
Indian Summer Days.
Holding on tightly...
and bearing fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment