Saturday, September 15, 2012

desk work

Exciting news...
 
 
My dining room
is once again
a
dining room.

 
The fiesta wear has
been rotated
to reflect the upcoming
season.

 
Normally
I will focus on a few
colors as the seasons change...
incorporating pastels for
Spring...
vibrant blues and greens
for summer...
this Fall
all the shades wanted to
come out and play.

 
My summer rug
will stay put.
Who says you can't
enjoy a variety of colors
all year long?
 
(If you have an answer
to that question...please
let them know
 I am breaking the rules!)
 
Yesterday...
my focus turned to
my corner
desk.

 
Admittedly
a humble abode.
 
However
the desk in the
living room
was being used by
home school
students.
 
That need changed
and so I had
some reclaiming to do.

 
My new/old
spot
was mine
once again.
 
Which called for a complete
clean-out...
cubby holes and
all!

 
Went through every file
and kept only
that which was still
needed.
 
Imagine...
using files for documents...
statements...
and high school
transcripts!
 
Oh...
I had an organizational
system going before...
but I was
the only one who could
figure it out.
 
Now...

 
Space...
to breath.

 
A place...
to remember
and
smile.
 
One quick
addition
 had to happen
before I could
call it
mine.

 
After raiding
my...ahem...
extensive fabric
stash...

 
I settled on my first
quilt project.
 
This table runner
has some years on it...

 
The flip-side
tells that
story...

 
And all those
years...
 make me
 feel right
at
home.
 
Ahhhh...
 
What are you doing this
weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment