Tuesday, September 11, 2012

some spider

Little Miss Muffet
sat on her tuffet...
eating her curds and whey.
 
And who can forget...
 
 
who wouldn't stop
until the job was
finished!
 
"Salutations!"
 
A single word
that has me remembering
Charlotte.

 
Back when I read this
aloud to my boys
I could barely
complete the last
chapter...
I was blubbering like a babe.
 
They looked at me as if
I was insane...
 
(boys!)
 
I remember saying...
but Charlotte died
all alone.
 
And so my love affair grew.
 
Last night as I walked
Mom to her car...
after an unexpected
and lovely visit...
 
I turned back
to go into the house
 

 
when something
caught my eye...

 
Look carefully...
see the web strand
that climbs
to the second story?
 
Let's take a closer look...

 
Another visitor.
 
Some freak out
by these unexpected guests.
 
Not I...
 
I see a pest...
moth...
fly trap!
 
She allowed me to
observe...
and take pictures
as she
created
 her masterpiece.
 

 
A very busy spider
indeed.

 
She circled
and turned as she
made her
spiral
beauty.



 
I would reassure her
with kind
encouraging words...
 
you are amazing...
 
you go girl!
 
thank you for choosing
my home
for your
home.
 
This morning I rushed outside
secretly expecting
a reply
like...
 
Some Woman...
 
or
 
Humble.
 
Sadly...
the web was gone.
 
The long strand to the second story
remains
and I saw my
Charlotte
hiding in the bush
below.
 
Some Spider!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment