Saturday, March 8, 2014

friday evening

the sky at sunset

how many images come to mind?
at the beach
out your kitchen window
where the view is always spectacular

and yet
as I stand in awe
I find it virtually
or would that be 
visually
 impossible
to capture 
the whole of it
but
how i try


yes 
it is grainy
since it was taken with 
my phone
while looking out the passenger side window
in the acceleration lane
of the expressway

with all that against me
I still love it
love the color
that immediately reminded me
of a painting
that caught my attention
but
exceeded my budget
entitled
New Year Sky
by artist
Nicole Strasburg

she
and her painting
were featured in
Sundance catalogue


I saved this image
for a long time
convinced that I could paint
my own version of a
New Year's Sky

and although my memory
held more vibrant colors
than the actual painting
it goes to show
how that sky
continues to change
with each setting sun
offering
a glimpse of its
beautiful
maker.


and it will forever
capture
our
imaginations.

go on.
look up.
check out that amazing sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment