Thursday, March 20, 2014

it's spring!

It's kind of an
unwritten rule
as a blogger
to post on
this oh
so very
special day


there was a part of me
that wanted to
write about our last day of winter
because
oh, what a winter
it was...
deserving of accolades and praise!

I took this picture one
week ago


here it is today


I know there are parts of the
country that were blessed
yes blessed!
with more snow last night
just this once
we were missed
and we are expecting to see 
50 degrees 
tomorrow

I do however 
take my obligations
as a blogger
very seriously
so today
in keeping with strict guidelines
I will focus on 
the happenings
that reassure
in the promise
of springs arrival


the sweetest little girl
on the planet
celebrates a birthday


snow boards
are collected and put in storage


a non-wearing polish girl
is compelled to buy
the palest of pinks


buds
appear
in response

the sky  
smiles down
bluer than ever


homemade cards with flowers
are displayed
and enjoyed
each time I reach for
my finger-less
 gloves


pretty pink
and new green
combine in a way
that make you
feel hopeful


even mom's sweet 
china string dispenser girl
adorned in a delicate calico dress
adds to the charm
of this corner
like a breath of fresh air


lemons
for fragrance
flavor
and color

happy yellow!


and when the juice is
blended with
confectioners sugar
something
magical happens

and the plate of Norah's Lemon-Lemon Cookies
(thank you, sweet-toothed Isa from PPK)
disappears quickly


since I am thanking...
thank you
Mom
for 


Meyer lemon
fragranced
kitchen hand soap

what a refreshing blast of
springtime
each time I wash my garlic-y fingers

but nothing
no
NOTHING
speaks louder
of the vernal equinox
than


a back deck
free from snow
with access to the grill
and the consideration
of putting shovels
to rest

well...
that
AND

sprouts!

It's there if you look...
spring is sprouting
all around us.

Oh, Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment