Monday, June 2, 2014

its what's for breakfast



It's not because I'm
fickle
I prefer
adaptable
sensitive
to the seasonal shifts

some
 can and do
eat the 
exact same breakfast
day in and day out

oatmeal for example


that just doesn't 
do it
for me

a muffin with coffee
will be all the rage 
before 
giving way to
waffles
(Isa's are the best!)

a hearty tofu scramble
loaded with
Mediterranean goodness
before turning
to a lighter
option


smoothies have made a return
to
my morning routine

fresh fruit
a frozen banana
a little almond milk
almond butter
chia seeds
whipped up in the
Nutri-Bullet


Strawberry Cream
Chocolate Banana
and the 
infamous


Green Smoothie
which all do a good job
of holding me over
until lunch
but
my absolute
favorite breakfast
at this moment
(I will call it my 
late Spring preference)


Avocado on toast!


It may sound strange
at first
I know I felt that way
when I first read about it
in Gwyneth Paltrow's cookbook
It's All Good
where she talks about
how she craves it in the mornings

I totally get it!


The Recipe:

Whole Grain Bread--toasted
spread generously with
Vegenaise
(amazing stuff...better than any mayo!)
topped with
sliced avocado

Eat & Enjoy!

Which is what I intend to do
right now...
gotta go
the avocado toast is calling me.

Breakfast.
The most important meal of the day!

:)
What's on your plate...
or 
in your bowl
right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment