Wednesday, June 4, 2014

rusty gold

we sat
and had a conversation
maybe we were
inspired 
to do so
with this groovy
blast from the past
beat up in a cool kind of way
adirondack and three legged 
metal work table and chair set

sure we were in the middle
of a greenhouse
but this metal art
stole my
 attention
and I started searching
it out
like
finding diamonds
in the rust

ee.i.ee.i.o.
is tagged as the artist
funny
when I asked the staff about it
calling it
"the ee.i.ee.i.o. art"
they looked at me with
a confused expression which prompted
"the cool metal sculptures"
response

Oh...
those are one-of-a-kind
pieces
created by an Australian artist.

this added to 
mine and James'
discussion

until he told me to
turn around...and check out
the real gem
I had 
missed

how

cool

is that?
literally...
it's a cooler!

The only reason
one of them didn't make it home
with me

you guessed it

the price tag
which
reflected that the artist
was well aware
of the fact that
he (or she!) had
created
cool.

You gotta pay for cool.

Which prompted
another
avenue in this
little talk we were
engaged in



this
was James' last
haul in his
metal recycling business

(Young Scrapper's
is still going 
strong)

but
 mom's thinking
 a welding class
sprinkled with a little creativity 
could turn this
rust
into
gold.

...and the conversation
continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment