Tuesday, July 9, 2013

my Keebler fence

A year ago
almost to the day
I took these pictures
naming the file
chaos

Why chaos?
My gardens have a way
of going all natural and wild
this time of year...
nothing to do with the gardener
who slacks on weeding
duties.

And so I mulch
and tell myself
I am taking back control
on how my garden grows.

Ha!


I built a little 
twiggy fence
to give the weeds a border.
The rule:
Flowers to the North
Weeds to the South


It worked for a little while.


I love my little fence.
Looks like elves
erected it.

Fast Forward
to today.


I do remember
planting and transplanting
daisies...
cone flower
lavender...
hoping to let this little area
just
do its thing
without much supervision.

Oh...
and it did.


A few cosmos
reseeded themselves...
how nice of them.

But let me draw your attention 
to the green leaves
near the bottom of the picture.

What am I looking at
you might ask?

Check out this angle.


Or this one.

My Keebler elf fence
took root and is now
sprouting.

That's it.
I just thought it was a cool thing
to show you.
It makes me chuckle
every time I step
out my door.

There's a lesson in
control here...

somewhere.

Maybe
one about
letting 
go.

Maybe nature is trying to
tell me
to mind my own business.

Could go really deep
and say...
maybe...
just maybe, mind you
God is showing me how
some things are out
of my control
and I should leave it
in His capable hands.

Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment