Wednesday, April 13, 2011

As The Family Grows :: Taking It To The Street

Let me set the stage:
80 degrees.
Sunny, breezy, no chance of rain.
Windows down kind of day.
I got it in my head to clean a much needed house.
Family had another idea.
Josh called wanting to go for a bike ride.
Part of his 6-pack ambitions.
My motto in life:
Fun Always Trumps Chores.
Said another way...
People always come first!
Especially my peeps.
So, we loaded Josh's van with bikes and
miscellaneous equipment...
water, pumps, and kids.
Jake stopped by just in the nick of time and joined us!
I think he was happy to see our dedication.
Kierstin was about to get her first bike ride...
behind papa.
Smiles were on tap.
I think the "fun" phrase of the day was...
"Don't fall asleep."
(said about a zillion times...followed by giggles)
Which she did (fall asleep that is) on the last leg of the course.
Here we are at Wildwood Metropark, getting ready for
The University Trail...7 miles.
Check out my Specialized Dolce...
the white bike propped next to the van.
I store it in my living room all year long
because to me it is a beautiful piece of art.
And oh my...it is a zippy ride.
Apologies again to the gang,
but I couldn't keep that s-l-o-w pace.
The Dolce only knows fast.
I would have loved to show you more but my camera died.
Well, the memory was full...oops.
Maybe you're wondering...
where's Rudy in this scenario?
Oh, he was too busy
polishing his bike...
Rest assured, he went for a ride as well.
A piece of advice...
Cleaning can wait...go have fun!

2 comments:

  1. I see, my husband did not tighten her seat belt in the car. Its too lose for me. Kierstin looks adorable though, I will have to join you guys neext time. By the way that outfit you made with the flowered jeans and shirt, it's very cute and good choice on keeping it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took another look and you are absolutely right! That belt is far too loose...I think it was set to accomodate winter coats, and since it was the first warm day...it needed adjusting. Oops, grandma should have known better. It was a fun day...hope we can all do it again soon. Hey...those jeans came from your sister LOL! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete