Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sibling Shenanigans

The Thompson Clan

Let me take a moment to introduce all who were present...starting at left-front, that would be my sister Sue, followed by brother David, beautiful Mom, sisters Mary Rose and Tina (with her granddaughter Paige and hubby Doug), moving along to back-right...my brother Tim (wife Kathy hiding behind him), followed by George, Bro-in-law Ed (Mary's husband and sons John and Sam in front)...Phew!

We were lunching at Quimby's, a local eatery that could accommodate all. With Mary and Ed in town we had to do what we do best...eat!

Whenever the gang gets together, mayhem is sure to follow...joined in with a whole lot of laughter, fun, and planning. Planning what to do next. After stopping at mom's for a coffee, the sister's decided to do what sisters do best...we went shopping. Since Mary was in town, she wanted to stock-up on her favorite fragrance sold locally at a quaint shop in nearby

Sylvania, Ohio.

Canterbury Home

One look at that pretty pink door and you just know that you are in for a real treat.

This is the view of the shop as you walk in the door.
Goodies await at every turn.
I will let the pictures do most of the talking.
It is such a girlie place...
every angle is a delight to the eyes.
It is like walking through the pages of your favorite magazine.
(Another sister thing we do...a lot!)
A chair with a tutu? Why not!?
A little known secret about myself...
I collect doors.
I know, it sounds strange even as I type it,
but when I see an abandoned door along the side of the road,
my pick-up truck is soon to follow.
Apparently, others do this as well.
Look what they did with their doors...
I have what my husband calls "A Shrek Door"...
Much like the one above.
It's not pink...
yet!
I absolutely LOVE this one...
Mine has the same old hardware...
now it just needs a cool old mirror surrounded by hooks, a re-purposed drawer,
and that "Ladies" sign.
Anyone know where I can find one of those?
We were all loving this bold wallpaper at the entrance/exit.
Finally...wallpaper is making its long awaited comeback!
Lunch with the siblings...8 dollars.
Shopping Spree...free for me.
Sister's Time...Priceless!

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures look fabulous- this was a fun day! Can't wait to do it again. Love- Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...I had good stuff to work with. Can't wait for our next outing...Red Shoes in Ann Arbor & The Farmer's Market, anyone? Mary, time for a return visit we're making plans. Love to the whole crazy gang!

    ReplyDelete