Monday, April 18, 2011

Nature Celebrates 86 Years

This is a beautiful picture of two beautiful people in my life.
My father-in-law, Rudy and his sweet friend, Janet.
He turned 86 yesterday.
Or as he likes to say it (to tease me)
"I'm going on 87!"
I don't do "going on..." I do am.
Why rush things?
After enjoying a yummy dinner at Applebee's,
all came to our house for the Happy Birthdaying
with cake, ice cream, coffee...
and the fun part...
presents!
Yep...that would be one candle on his cake.
It's like I told him...
it's because every day is like the first day of the rest your life.
(It had nothing to do with the fact that I forgot to buy them.)
OR,
as James so eloquently said,
"It's like celebrating your 1st birthday for the 86th time!"
You choose.
Dad is one of those people
who always brings a party with him.
He is a mischievous (you can probably see that from the twinkle in his eyes)
and lovable teddy bear of a man.
As it turns out, nature decided to throw a little confetti
to commemorate this grand event...
Snow in April. I took this picture quick because snow doesn't hang around long this time of year...let's hope! Happy Birthday, Dad! With Lots of Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment