Friday, April 29, 2011

The Pick-up Artist

My Bro-in-law, Ed, called me Ellie Clampette
the last time I showed up at a family get-together in this.
He even started singing the Beverly Hillbillies
theme song...
man he's old!
My retort...
"Yeah, everybody makes fun
until they need to haul wood or move furniture!"
Good comeback, huh?!
When I got the call today...
[bright and early (all of 9a.m.)...
from my sister Tina, asking if she woke me up...
"Of course not!" I said in my most convincing
of wide awake voices...]
Telling me there was a cool three panel door
at the road of her neighbors...
Well...I can tell you I was happy to have that big red pick-up!
I was going on a rescue mission.
Still in my pj's...
for fear the garbage man would whisk it away
before I could get to it!
My partner in crime...following close behind.
He always has my back!
The van man...
on his way to work, but there to assist.
Take it from one who knows...
He's always been good with the pick-up.
Door loaded...
and ready to go home.
A door...awaiting to be transformed into...
something...
I'm not sure.
I will let you know when I
figure it out!
But I got me a door. Uh-oh... I'm starting to sound like Ellie. Why fight it? Today I will embrace my inner Hillbilly!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you got it! And you totally faked me out on the 'I'm awake' line. Can't wait to see the final design. xo Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. No promises BUT I am hoping to transform it and donate it to Relay For Life's silent auction. I will blog my progress...AND I was almost awake...thanks for the call.
    It's never to early when a door is in need...or when my sister has a fun plan. Love you

    ReplyDelete