Monday, December 19, 2011

Holiday Gift Guide :: Idea #5

I could feature more
Old Maid New
Originals...
texting gloves...stadium mittens
scarves...hipsters...zafu's and zabutons...
and so much more.
Instead I'm putting you to work.
I'm talking about one of my favorite
gifts to receive...
Lovin From Your Oven
In the form of a cookie.
In this case
Mrs. Field's
Cinnamon Sugar Butter Cookies
Believe me when I say
that this little
snicker doodle type cookie
is sure to please.
It's all about the butter!
Now don't fret if you don't have the recipe.
I Googled it as labeled
above an it can easily be found on-line.
I got this cookbook from my mom
and it has been a family favorite ever since!
What a great combo pack...
the book given with a dozen of the cookies to eat.
I am a lover of the consumable gift...
those gifts that
I can really use and enjoy
every single little bite of.
Mrs. Field is great about using
just a few wonderful
ingredients.
With easy instructions, too!
This is my secret arsenal.
Spice Islands Pure Vanilla Extract.
It costs a bit more
but when you want to make your
pastries extra special
then this is the ticket.
Rolled into little 1 inch balls...
coated in sugar and cinnamon...
baked to perfection...
soft on the in...
slightly browned on the out.
Bite-sized heaven.
There is a plethora of creative packaging ideas
on-line as well.

Warm...

fresh from the oven...

in one of the many Christmas Tins

you've saved over the years

works just fine.

On a plate, perhaps?

After all...it's not about the

packaging...

it's what's waiting inside that counts.

Give the gift of homemade goodness.

2 comments:

  1. oh holy batman, you just made my day! I've been trying out vanilla brand after vanilla brand, but never the one you suggested. I'll give it a go! I've been trying to find the perfect one for my caramels. But these cookies might get pushed up on the priority list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Bat Woman! I hope you like it as much as I do. I couldn't believe what a difference it made. Let me know how it works out for you. Merriest of Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete