Thursday, April 19, 2012

what's for dinner


As the
Whole Food Kitchen
Workshop
comes to its final week
(sniff-sniff)
I reflect on the continuing
journey that I
and therefore my family
have embarked on.


My student binder
is fat with
delicious
nutritious
recipes.


Enjoyment and meal planning
have merged
as I finger through
the pages
deciding what new and exciting
meals I want to try
each week.

Exciting?
Yes!
When you are trying ingredients
for the very first time
ever!




Trying with confidence
since each attempt
has yielded
such amazing results.

Translation:
There hasn't been a recipe
yet
that I haven't loved.

Case in point...


Sun-dried tomatoes.
Re-hydrates in boiling water
for a brief minute...
adds such an amazing flavor to
the dish.

Fresh Wheatberry Salad.


Wheatberries?

Another virgin grain that has been
introduced around these parts.
It was love at first bite.

Mixed and mingled well
with the sweet onion
asparagus
and parsley.


Tossed with an easy
balsamic vinaigrette
and
sitting atop fresh baby spinach.

I will confess
that my over zealousness
has been off-putting
at times with
my boys.

But I shall stay the course...
when a body feels this good
you just know...

you are doing something
right.

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy, Jen! Hop over to my blog for my newest recipe for tabbouleh. It uses bulgur and lentils, which I know that you now have on hand in the pantry! :)

    ReplyDelete