Monday, August 20, 2012

organization vs. control


The wind must be
carrying it along.

Maybe it's the season.

Whatever it is
I hear a similar tune
being sung...
one of chaos and stress.

All consuming at times.


As a response
to the compounding
worry
I begin organizing...
and enjoy that which brings
joy.

A simple...
beautiful garden.

Or is it?


A roadside find
that has a few miles on it.

Still...
 beautiful...


in spite of
its bumps and bruises.


Late summer
and the only thing flourishing
in my yard...
weeds.

And so I answer back
with mulch.


My twig fence
rebuilt from the weed trees
I pulled from the
yard.


To tell the
neighboring weeds...
you don't live here anymore!


Drawing a line in the sand...
crab grass to the south...


flowering plants to the
north!


Now play by
my rules!


Clear out the
milkweed past expiration...
install a stepping
stone


and a hose guide
to tidy
things up.


More fencing
more mulch.


Put that clematis in
the ground...
finally!

It still has a chance...
given the right
care.


Walkway intruders...
be gone!


My paths are clear...
for the journey
ahead.

If only
it were that simple.

"I know God will not give me
anything I can't handle.
I just wish He didn't
trust me so
much."

~Mother Teresa~

...and to that I will add...

amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment