Wednesday, January 16, 2013

do you see what i see?


The Art of Silliness Book
On a quiet
lonely
boring
Tuesday (I think)
I began to
surf sites I had heard about
and landed on one
I had never heard about.

A Gem.

Carla Sonheim and the Art of Silliness.
An artist.
A teacher.
A guide.
An inspiration.
She offers online classes.
Writes books.
Gives free tutorials.

There's that word that gets me
every time...
free.
But now I am Kindling
her books to use for myself
and homeschool.

Trying to re-kindle
that spark of
creativity
that is there...
buried
deep.

One class
 and I am looking at the world
in a whole new
way.

Blob Hunting.
Looking high and low for random
shapes...
drawing 4 outlines and then
looking at them from every direction
until you
see.

Imaginary (or real) Animals.

A Gallery of Blob Art.
James (and even Joe) had fun with this.
It is an adult course
after all...
pssst...
kids of all ages will have
fun with this.
Because
Blobs are everywhere.
On furniture.
On the driveway.
On a tree.
A stain on my carpet.
E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E.
 The best part.
I...well
Carla
got them drawing again.
Nothing like the word 
silly
to release any hidden reserves
expectations
insecurities.

Head on over to her site
and get ready for
fun art.
Yes...
those two words can be
used in the same
sentence.

:)

 Thanks, Carla Sonheim.

No comments:

Post a Comment