Friday, January 25, 2013

this (very) moment

 my daily grind

this coffee table 
changes 
almost by the minute
depending on the need
as I sip my morning chai
and begin my day
what happened 
the night before
lay around me
a little bit of television
talk of what our February read will be
hard to top
The Catcher in the Rye
for my boys
a deceptively simplistic story
that has even my reluctant writer
delving into the craft
with pages mimicking Salinger's style
playing with shading
and a changing light source
typing a second draft
for the paper entitled
Something I really hate is...
free weights standing ready for 
mom 
who has been getting her wintry arms
toned for the beach
(yeah...vanity thy blah-diddy-blah-blah!)
ditto with the PediSpin 
throw a little math into the mix
and you've got my
yesterday
captured in a still.
makes me wonder what today's
coffee table will 
reveal.


Happy Friday.
:)

2 comments:

  1. I have a few young adult novels to recommend to the boys( you know, books from this decade! :) )!
    1.) Life of Pi by Yann Martel (and then they can watch the movie!). John read this one for a high school lit class.
    2.) The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak. I read it, then had Mom read it, and we both sobbed like babies at the end. A great look at Germany during the Nazi regime.
    3.) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (haven't actually read it yet, but it's getting ALL the buzz right now. He's an Indianapolis resident, and he makes videos with his brother that are super popular on different topics).
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sip my chai each morning too and watch the hills. I love the snowflakes drifting slowly on your blog.
    Here's my moment - also taken while sipping chai.
    http://suzyspics.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/this-moment-cotton-wool-clouds.html

    ReplyDelete