Friday, May 17, 2013

quilt '13

Wouldn't it be marvelous
to make a yearly
quilt...
commemorating the
you
of that year...
with colors
patterns
and detailing
that 
reflected your newest season?
This season
I am drawn to a shade
of blue-green.
A color that invites
calm.

Stay with me here
as I take you on a strange little journey...
a path that will lead us
right back
to where we started.

Beginning
with a visit to mom
on a day that had her cleaning out
her linen closet
and thinking of me.
She knew I would find a use for these
old 
well-used
memory-filled
miscellaneous pieces.

I took them home
and forgot about them.

Or did I?

 I came across this lovely
quilt on soulemama
weeks ago.

Just knew
I had to save the picture.
Didn't know the
why or what 
of it...
until this morning.

Seeing with new eyes
the pile of linens
passed on to
me.

Those spa colors
I am so drawn to were
staring back at me
begging to be 
used
in a new way.

Like a puzzle
all will fall together
in a happy pattern
piece by piece
until
it can be fully realized
and seen by all.
Because beauty
can be found in the most
unlikely of places...
like
mom's linen closet.

Time to put the puzzle together.

No comments:

Post a Comment