Saturday, May 14, 2011

Bike Night

It was a hot...humid day.
The night...even hotter.
Sounds like the beginning of a steamy romance.
And so it is!
Bike Night.
Marking the true start of summer.
Where the cool-down comes on the back of a bike.
High speed...wind whipping through my once long hair...
straddling my baby...
all while enjoying a little light reading.
Home early from work...
Boys gone...
High temps...
New Short Hair-cut...
The perfect recipe for Bike Night.
There's our exit...up ahead.
Grabbing a bite to eat in "Historic Dundee". Quick quiz: What makes it historic? (Jeopardy! countdown) Don't know? Me neither. I think it must be the Beef Jerky Outlet Store. We stopped for a few samples... gator, ostrich, turkey... Yummy. Prices were high, but samples were free. I'm a cheap date. I must say... they had the nicest women's facility. I thought I was in an up-scale restaurant! Seriously, when you gotta go... and you happen to be in Dundee... go there! The sun began to set... (as it does in any good romance) the temperatures slowly descended... We bundled-up and Took the long way home. Country Roads... take me home... to a place I belong. Right here...right now. Enjoying the moment... With my shorter hair... blowing in the breeze. Quite honestly, this is what freedom feels like.

No comments:

Post a Comment