Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Holes :: Part 3

A Shakespearian Adventure.
Act I :: Scene I
Enter Jennifer delivering goods...
Gale the shopkeeper on stage.
Gale Hi Jen! I was reading your blog the other day...by the way, I really enjoy it...but, that posting on holes...well... Jennifer What mean'st thou? Gale One of the t-shirts we have in the shop...has the exact holes you were referring to...three inches from the hemline...dead center. Jennifer Nay, I beseech thee, kind madam. Gale Have a look for yourself... Jennifer Wherefore art thy holes? Gale Take a closer look. Jennifer Alas! There it tis. Gale Do you think you can mend it? There was a woman who really wanted to purchase it...until she noticed the holes. Jennifer Aye...I shall mend it. Exeunt stage and retire to sewing quarters. Music flourishes... Jennifer vexed, crops the sleeves to a three-quarter length...designs a patch to camouflage the flaw. {music reaches crescendo and ceases abruptly}
Jennifer stands back to revel in her success. Upon closer inspection...
Jennifer
Out damn spot! Be gone! Displaying her masterpiece and dancing an inspire'd dance.
Jennifer addressing audience
What say'st thou to me now? Tis a just and noble thing I have done.
Ah...but the play's the thing!
Exeunt omnes.

No comments:

Post a Comment